Diplomate Specialty Certification (DHANP)
The Homeopathic Academy of Naturopathic Physicians (HANP) was founded and incorporated in in 1981 (Oregon) for the purpose of promoting excellence in the practice of homeopathy among naturopathic physicians. The HANP grants Diplomate (advanced specialty) status (DHANP) to naturopathic physician applicants who meet the prerequisites and successfully demonstrate competency through case submission and an oral interview. Diplomates of the profession establish and uphold specialist standards, provide education and mentorship, and are committed to protect and preserve homeopathy as a core therapeutic modality within the naturopathic profession.
Benefits of DHANP Credential
- World expertise status as a homeopathic practitioner
- Addition to DHANP Directory
- Teaching and publishing opportunities
- Supporting quality standards of homeopathy
- Discounts on continuing education
Candidates for DHANP by the HANP
- A naturopathic doctor currently licensed in the USA or Canada. A photocopy of the naturopathic medical license will be requested.
- Applicants must have practiced homœopathy for a minimum of 3 years post-graduation and treated a minimum of 100 new patients.
- Applicants must have accumulated a minimum of 350 hours of HANP approved homeopathic education credits and provide documentation with the application.
- Signed and dated certificate or letter of completion.
- Official school transcript.
- Applicants must submit a current curriculum vitae.
- Applicants must submit 2 letters of reference: one professional and one from a DHANP in good standing (see guidelines for recommendation letters.)
- Applicant must submit an online application (we will email a link) and pay the application fee (below).
- You must submit a minimum of five cases (two acute, two chronic, one failed case) or up to as many cases of your own work that are of a quality suitable for publication as are necessary to demonstrate all of the required competencies listed in the competency requirements.
- An oral examination will be conducted after the submitted cases has been evaluated.
Maintaining DHANP Status in the HANP
- Diplomates must accumulate a minimum of 10 hours/year of CE available through the HANP CE Program.
- DHANP membership annual dues of $150.00
DHANP Certification Contact Person
HANP Executive Director
1455 Coal Creek Dr. Unit G
Lafayette, CO 80026
DHANP 2017 Credentialing