This presentation, “50 Millesimal Potencies and The Medicinal Solution”, provides information on the history and development of 50 Millesimal potencies (and the medicinal solution) in their use in clinical practice with Dr. Gregory Pais, ND, DHANP. As this information is seldom presented from the primary source the 6th edition of the Organon will be utilized and demonstrate efficacy through case examples from practice.
Participants will gain an understanding of when to use 50 Millesimal potencies and their application in serious physical pathology. Participants will learn how to properly use the medicinal solution to best manage these cases. Three case presentations demonstrating the concepts contained in this CE session are discussed in depth.
Basic Outline (105 minutes)
- The Organon of Medicine editions
- 50 Millesimal Potencies (6th ed., Aph. 246-248)
- 50 Millesimal Pharmacy (6th ed., Aph. 270, and footnotes)
- Cases, including the following topics:
- Aggravations (6th ed., Aph. 161, 248, 275, 282)
- The Medicinal Solution (6th ed., Aph. 247, 248 footnote)
- The Test Dose (6th ed., Aph. 278)
- 50 Millesimal vs. Centesimal Potencies
- Q Potency Myths
- Repetition of Dose (6th ed., Aph. 246 footnote, 248)
At the conclusion of the presentation, the attendee will be able to:
- Explain Hahnemann’s directions on using 50 Millesimal Potencies using the appropriate aphorisms from the 4th, 5th, and 6th editions of the Organon of Medicine.
- Demonstrate appropriate case management with 50 Millesimal potencies and water dosing by using cases from clinical practice for symptom resolution and minimizing symptom aggravation.