The presentation will cover the regulations affecting homeopathic drugs and will examine the role of the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia and the information in this on-line reference. The different manufacturing methods for making homeopathic drug products will be addressed so attendees have an understanding and can make better decisions on what to utilize for patient care. The presentation will include issues to consider for evaluating vendors and supplies for attendees’ practice formularies.
Basic Outline (110 minutes)
- Overview of regulations affecting homeopathic drugs (20 minutes)
- Differences between homeopathic products and other CAM products (10 minutes)
how these differences affect the attendees’ practice.
- The Homeopathic Pharmacopeia: it’s role and information (25 minutes)
- Manufacturing methods for making homeopathic drug products; impact (30 minutes)
on labeling information.
- Vendor evaluation and considerations; impact of vendors on attendees (15 minutes)
practice and formulary.
- Addressing (pre-submitted) questions of interest/concern to attendees (10 minutes)
At the conclusion of the presentation, the attendee will be able to: