This talk will be an introduction to Hahnemann’s materia medicæ. The objective is for attendees to walk away less intimidated by the Materia Medica Pura and The Chronic Diseases, more familiar with how these works were constructed and, therefore, better equipped to utilize them to maximal advantage in practice. We will examine the structure of these works, how to utilize the introductions, author citations, time stamps, symptom grading, and footnotes.
Basic Outline (75 minutes)
- Components and structure of Hahnemann’s materia medicæ
- Remedy introductions
- Numbering symptoms and citations
- Master provers
- Proving doses
- Order and organization of symptoms
- Time stamps of primary and secondary symptoms
At the conclusion of the presentation, the attendee will be able to:
- Identify the key components and structure of Hahnemann’s materia medicæ including: remedy introductions, order/organization of symptoms, author citations, time stamps, footnotes, symptom grading, primary and secondary symptoms.
- Better utilize the primary homœopathic materia medicæ texts to apply the law of similars in practice.