Diplomate Specialty Certification (DHANP)
We evaluate applications annually. The deadline to submit your cases for review is September 1st. Decisions are returned by January.
Benefits of DHANP Credential
- Worldwide-recognized status as a homeopathic practitioner
- Inclusion in the prestigious DHANP Directory
- Opportunities for teaching and publication
- Discounts on continuing education courses
- Ability to support the quality standards of homeopathy
DHANP Candidate Requirements:
Minimum 350 hours of documented homeopathic education credits, including completed DHANP Core Curriculum and documentation of courses (dates certificates or letters of completion).
- Submit your official school transcript and current curriculum vitae.
- Upload 2 reference letters (one professional and one from a DHANP in good standing).
- Submit an online application and pay the application fee (note that the application expires after one year).
- Include a minimum of 5 quality cases demonstrating required competencies (two acute, two chronic, and one failed case). The case submission deadline is September 1st and an oral examination is conducted after the case evaluation.
DHANP Application Tips
Overview of Case Submission Guidelines with Dr. Oskin
Reviewing a Case for the DHANP Application with Drs. Wheeler and Amerine
De-Mystifying the DHANP Application – Dr. Vassighi
- Application graders are blinded to ensure integrity and objectivity.
- Three attempts are permitted for DHANP case submission (see the ‘Appeals’ section below for third and final attempt details).
- The full application fee is required for each re-submission.
- Failed general competencies feedback is provided in the fail letter, but detailed feedback is available upon formal request within 60 days of the reception of the fail letter (a fee of $360 per hour for compilation is required).
- Because of the standardized multi-grader approach, grades assigned to case submissions are not changed once published.
- At least three years must have passed since your last attempt.
- Provide documentation of additional homeopathy training.
- Submit a compelling written case for how the additional training and the elapsed time have prepared you for success.
- Send the appeal electronically to the HANP Board of Directors ([email protected]).
- The previous requirements and allowances (4 attempts total) will be granted to applicants who submitted their first application by 12/31/2020.
Maintaining DHANP Status in the HANP
- Diplomates must accumulate a minimum of 10 hours/year of continuing education.
- DHANP membership annual dues amount to $150.00.
DHANP Certification Liaison
600 W. Emma St.
Lafayette, CO 80026
DHANP Application Core Curriculum (30 hours):
Lafayette, Colorado 80026